Ocean

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Something Old and Something New: Meal Prep Week 2

Today C was out hiking, so I tackled our meal prep solo during Baby A's nap time. The whole thing took a bit over an hour on my own.
 I did some of the same chicken that we did last week. It and the rice held up pretty well. Nothing tasted funky or was soggy by the end of the week, so that was pretty nice. I also tried out this recipe from Damn Delicious here. I've done several of her recipes before and they all turn out well.
 After everything finished cooking, I added butternut squash since I bought it in a microwavable bag.
A lot of chopping later and everything is packaged and ready to go for another week. I didn't buy green beans or yellow squash this week, but I didn't get enough to replace them so we were short a few vegetables.

Meal prepping saves me a lot of time during the week. I don't have to take time each day to make our lunches, so I can have something healthy (or somewhat healthy) to eat without putting too much thought into it. This is really helpful with my one year old, since when she is hungry she does not like to wait.

What are some of your favorite meal prepping recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment