Ocean

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Gilmore Girls, A Year in the Life Review

The new Gilmore Girls installment came out a few months ago, much to the excitement of many fans.
I have fond memories of watching Gilmore Girls with my mom and sisters, so I was excited to see the show.  We were left with a lot of unanswered questions....and we still have a lot of unanswered questions. 

The show follows Emily, Lorelai, and Rory over the course of a year following Richard's passing. I really missed the character, since he and Emily are my favorite.

I'll start with the bad points first and go from there...

I hated the musical portion except for the final song that they did. It could have been shorter and the time could have been used in other places. 

Lane got almost no time and it seemed like she had given up on her dreams. I would have liked to hear more about her.

Rory. Watching the original series off and on with my husband made me realize how Rory becomes this annoying, horrible character. She continues and gets worse in this series. I'm the first to admit that I am not perfect, but some of Rory's life decisions were stupid. Going back to Logan and messing up that interview for that internet journal were among some of the bad decisions we saw. I liked Logan, but he is ENGAGED and Rory has Paul. Rory treats poor Paul like dirt and is having an affair with a soon to be married man. Who does that? Then Rory has a place that is interested in hiring her and she doesn't even prepare, but she complains that she doesn't have a job and has like no money. if you need a job and there's one willing to have you, do your best to get it even if you think you are above it. You can always quit later. 

What I liked...
Lorelai's development was good and it was nice to see that from her. Her relationship with Luke has evolved from the original series. I really liked her pretzel monologue too. 
I still like Kirk, even though hearing ooober so often became annoying really fast. 
Jess was fun and it was cool to see how he's changed and stayed the same too. 

In the end, I'd watch more if it came, but I'm fine with it if they end Gilmore Girls for good right here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment