Ocean

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Novel Study Guide: Frindle

Frindle was one of my favorite books that we covered in elementary school and I still have a soft spot for the book. It was also the first whole class book I did when I started teaching.

When I taught the book originally, I always wished that I had more materials to use with the book than what were available to me. This led me to create a whole novel study guide for the book.                  
           
I started off with a comprehension guide and summaries for the chapters in the book. 
I also added a vocabulary book for students to fill out and reading response journal cards that go along with the story. The response cards are more generic, so they can be used with any other novel that you may use. 

All of this is available here

What are some of your favorite books to do with your students?




No comments:

Post a Comment